About the Journal
The Gombe Journal of Education (GOMJE) is a biannual peer reviewed journal published by the Faculty of Education, Gombe State University which is published in June, and December. The journal is designed to provide a means for exchange of ideas, research findings and innovative trends in all subjects in the field of that of the University.
Guidelines for Authors
Manuscripts are accepted all the year round and must be written only in English Language.
Manuscripts should be typed in MS Word and should not exceed 15 pages of A4 paper typed, double line-space using Bookman Old Style as the font type with 12 font size.
Manuscript must contain title page, which is to containAuthor(s) Name (Surname first, in CAPITAL LETTERS), affliation/current mailing address, email address, and brief profile of the author.
Every manuscript must contain an abstract page with an abstract of not more than 150 words.At the end of the abstract the author(s) should give between three to five keywords.
All relevant tables and photos are to be provided as part of the manuscript. Tables, Diagrams and Graphs should be minimal and be numbered in Hindu numerals e.g(Table 1, Table 2 etc.) and should not flow over to the next page. The tables, graphs and diagrams numbering and the heading should appear on the top.
Manuscripts' mode of presentation and all references must conform with the latest APA format.
Electronic copy of every manuscriptin in MS Word should be submitted by
Login to your Account
if you are a registered user, otherwise you
Create a new Account .
Download the manuscript sample here.
An assessment fee of five thausand Naira (N5,000) only should be paid to:
* Bank Name : Diamond Bank
* Account Name : Fatima Bala Sani
* Account Number : 0073951541
NB :- Scanned copyof the teller of payment should also be sent along with the manuscript.
GOMJE Paper Selection and Publishing Process
- Upon receive of a manuscript(s) submission, a confirmation e-mail will be sent to the manuscript(s) main author instantly.
- We make use of double blind system for peer review (after subjecting manuscript(s) to a plagiarism check); both authors' and reviewers' identities remain anonymous. The review process may take six to eight weeks.
- Result of review would be sent to the corresponding author by email within eight weeks of manuscript's submission.
- If manuscript is accepted, necessary corrections are expected to be effected within two weeks and a publication fee of fifteen thausand Naira(N15,000:00) only is to be paid.
- After publication, the corresponding author receives two hard copies of the issue of GOMJE in which the article is published free of charge.
- If more copies are needed, they could be purchased at the cost of two thausand five hundred naira (N2,500:00) only per copy.
A PDF copy of every published manuscript could be downloaded free of charge at the Journal Website (www.gomje.ng).